4-Week Course to bring stillness to your busy life
This course is designed for busy moms (or moms-to-be) who want to find stillness through a meditation practice at home. Over the course of 4 weeks, you will learn the basics of meditation and the tools you need to stay calm and focused during the ups & downs of parenthood.
What you’ll learn:
- A variety of meditations and breathing techniques
- The ways in which meditation affects “happy” brain chemicals
- How the brain’s Default Mode Network can affect your patterns of thinking
- How to begin – and stick with – a home meditation practice
- Stretches and propping tips to help you sit comfortably in meditation
- Tips on expanding your meditation ritual: practicing outside the home, childbirth, involving children in meditation, etc.
You will receive:
- A guided yoga sequence to prepare your body for meditation
- Eight meditation recordings to practice on your own (MP3 download)
- Lots of information on meditation and the “happy” brain chemicals: dopamine, endorphin, serotonin, and oxytocin, as well as the Default Mode Network
- Weekly practices designed to help you reduce stress and stay calm
- Tools to help you keep your home meditation practice going
What we’ll do in class:
- Share experiences and information to learn together
- Check in with our breath through breathing exercises (pranayama)
- Stretch our bodies through yoga
- Relax in supported, luxurious restorative yoga poses
- Practice meditation – starting small and working our way up
- Support each other as mothers in our journey of parenthood and self-care
When: September or October 2018
Where: Jillian’s Drawers in the Commons (171 East State Street, Ithaca, NY)
Cost: $120 total for the 4-week course; $100 for current or past Prenatal Yoga or Yoga for New Moms students. Payment forms accepted include: cash, check, PayPal, or credit card. Please fill out the registration form below and I will contact you for payment.
Alumni of previous Meditation for Moms trainings may sit in on weekly sessions for $20/session. Please send me an email at email@example.com to see the syllabus and weekly schedule.