4-Week Course to bring stillness to your busy life
This course is designed for busy moms (or moms-to-be) who want to find stillness through a meditation practice at home. Over the course of 4 weeks, you will learn the basics of meditation and the tools you need to stay calm and focused during the ups & downs of parenthood.
What you’ll learn:
- A variety of meditations and breathing techniques
- The ways in which meditation affects “happy” brain chemicals
- How to begin – and stick with – a home meditation practice
- Stretches and propping tips to help you sit comfortably in meditation
- Tips on expanding your meditation ritual: practicing outside the home, childbirth, involving children in meditation, etc.
You will receive:
- A guided yoga sequence to prepare your body for meditation
- Eight meditation recordings to practice on your own (CD/MP3)
- Lots of information on meditation and the “happy” brain chemicals: dopamine, endorphin, serotonin, and oxytocin
- Weekly practices designed to help you reduce stress and stay calm
- Tools to help you keep your home meditation practice going
When: April 4, 11, 18, & 25, 2018, from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Where: Jillian’s Drawers in the Commons (171 East State Street, Ithaca, NY)
Cost: $120 total for the 4-week course; $100 for current or past Prenatal Yoga or Yoga for New Moms students. Payment forms accepted include: cash, check, PayPal, or credit card. Please fill out the registration form below and I will contact you for payment.